Vibrant Quebec and New England - Summer 2021
Vibrant Quebec And New England – Summer 2021
Delve into the colourful, scenic roads and spectacular fall foliage of Canada and the USA on this dazzling trip, that takes you from eclectic Montreal, along the famous Kancamagus Highway and on to revolutionary Boston. Meet knowledgeable locals such as two jam-making islanders on Île d’Orléans, see iconic sites and dine at the finest of restaurants. As you travel in style, stay at the most sought-after addresses – the four-diamond Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire is in the heart of vibrant, colour-changing forest and the White Mountains. Enjoy a selection of exclusive VIP Experiences, such as you learning more about the world of Champagne at Le Vignoble Le Cep d’Argent.
- Montreal: Meet your fellow travellers and Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner in the evening.
- Quebec City: Indulge on authentic regional flavors at Chez Rioux & Pettigrew.
- Quebec: Indulge in a delicious picnic lunch filled with flavoursome goodies.
- Quebec: Sit down to a hearty lunch and learn about the cheese and cider produced by the monks.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 4 Lunches (L) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Quebec: Journey to Quebec’s area known as the Eastern Townships, past the beautiful Lake Memphrémagog region and stop at the Abbaye De Saint-Benoit-Du-Lac for a private guided tour of the cloisters and church.
- White Mountains: Take a trip to Mount Washington, the highest peak and most prominent mountain in the Northeastern United States at 6,288.2 ft (1,916.6 m). Enjoy a scenic ride aboard the Mount Washington Cog Railway.
- New Hampshire: Travel along the panoramic Kancamagus Highway, a 34.5 mile American Scenic Byway that is well known as one of the best areas in the country for viewing fall foliage.
- Montreal: One of Montreal’s most iconic landmarks, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, has been boldly decorated to reflect the golden years of Montreal with new, bright and dynamic interiors. Completed in 1958, it is now home to a completely redesigned wellness centre and indoor pool, an urban market, a signature bar and Rosélys restaurant, dedicated to fresh produce from the hotel’s artisan market.
- Quebec City: Located inside the walls of Old Quebec, the Fairmont Le Chteau Frontenac holds magnificent views of the St. Lawrence River and Quebec City’s Old Town, which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll be guaranteed river rooms and a relaxing stay, with luxurious lodging, gourmet cuisine and a new health club there to keep you pampered, nourished and refreshed for the journey ahead.
- Whitefield: Mountain View Resort opened in 1866, and since then this picturesque hotel has offered the perfect storybook setting for an idyllic mountain retreat, with sweeping views over the New Hampshire countryside. Guests can enjoy locally grown, farm-to-table cuisine at its in-house venue, Harvest Tavern.
- Lake George: Situated on a secluded private island on Lake George, The Sagamore Resort dates back to the 1880s and is famous for hosting families, celebrities and dignitaries alike. It offers lakeside accommodation, award-winning dining and its own 18-hole golf course designed by famous golfer Donald Ross. You’ll dine at one of the venue’s eight exceptional dining destinations during you stay.
- New York: Elegance, plush décor, marble bathrooms and striking Art Deco touches can be found at Essex House. Spread across 44 floors, you’ll be presented with stunning views at this upscale Manhattan hotel, including of one of New York’s finest treasures, Central Park. You’ll be situated just moments away from Lincoln Center, Columbus Circle and Fifth Avenue.
- Ile d’Orleans: Visit a secret gem on the Île d’Orléans where you will be met by your hosts, the charming couple, Catherine and Vincent – two “Sorcerers,” as the natives of Ile d’Orleans call themselves, and indulge in the different flavours of jam made with locally grown berries. As you enter, you will be immediately welcomed by the sweet smell of cooked berries as you explore their shop which, captures the ambience of the island from a hundred years ago.Then enjoy a tasty picnic lunch with cheese, bread, fruits and wine – all produced right on the island. As you eat, take in the views of rolling hills and red-roofed farm houses.
- Quebec: Indulge in the world of Champagne in the Eastern Townships. Learn about the historic controversy of differentiating Champagne from sparkling wine at Vignoble Le Cep d’Argent.
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Welcome to Montreal.
Highlights of Montreal.
Onward to Quebec City.
Quebec City to Bretton Woods.
White Mountains Sightseeing.
From New Hampshire to colonial Boston.
Boston and Cambridge Sightseeing.