The Bohemian - end Vienna, Summer 2020
The Bohemian – End Vienna, Summer 2020
Walk in the footsteps of Prague’s Bohemian Kings and fall under the spell of Ceský Krumlov. Explore the legacy of the Habsburgs in Vienna and Budapest.
- Krakow: For your Dine-Around Evening, choose you style of dining from a selection of hand-picked local restaurants, unique in Polish flavour.
- Budapest: Tonight you are in for a treat with your Highlight Dinner at Gundel, one of Budapest’s most renowned restaurants for over a hundred years. Dine in elegance as you savour hearty, Hungarian delicacies accompanied with specially-selected Hungarian wine.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Top Rated Highlights
- Ceský Krumlov: Your Travel Director will lead you an orientation of the city as you explore the medieval streets of this fairy-tale town.
- Prague: Bewitched by the gargoyles of St. Vitus Cathedral and ghosts of Bohemian Kings, this majestic city is where you’ll experience a private tour with a Local Expert, through the atmospheric courtyards of the historic Prague Castle.
- Prague: Led by your Local Expert, explore the delightful Old Town Square and see the detailed Astronomical Clock that delights onlookers each hour.
- Auschwitz: Accompanied by your Local Expert, experience a powerful and moving visit to the memorial and museum of Auschwitz and a stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust.
- Kraków: The medieval heart of Kraków is rich in legend, a kind of Polish Camelot. Join your Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of this historic Holy Grail. Walk past Jagiellonian University, through the Old Town to the town square and see the medieval Sukiennice Cloth Hall.
- Kraków: Visit the cathedral atop Wawel Hill, see the castle and look for the iconic dragon, accompanied by your Local Expert.
- Kraków: Visit the 14th century St. Mary’s Basilica, the most important church in the city.
- Budapest: Join a Local Expert and visit the colourful Matthias Church. From the heights of the Fisherman’s Bastion, gaze out over the Danube to the beautiful facades of the giant-domed Hungarian Parliament Building.
- Budapest: See Heroes’ Square and Andrássy Boulevard. Spend time in the popular pedestrian shopping street of Váci Utca and see the mighty Danube with its many bridges linking Buda and Pest.
- Budapest: Visiting the Central Market Hall is a foodie’s dream. Wander across three levels of stalls, brimming with mouth-watering salamis, spicy paprika, sumptuous Hungarian wines and a whole lot of Pálinka.
- Vienna: Led by your Local Expert, indulge your senses at the Schönbrunn Palace as you stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
- Vienna: Travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Scenic Drives: Admire the passing scenery as you travel through the Vienna Woods, Bohemia, the Orava region and Low Tatra Mountains.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Vienna.
Stately Vienna and the Habsburgs.
Charming Ceský Krumlov and Golden Prague.
Prague, City of a Hundred Spires.
Reflect on Auschwitz then on to Kraków.
The Damsels and Dragons of Kraków.
Through Sleepy Slovakia to Budapest.
Budapest, the Queen of the Danube.